|13 Thoughts about Working At Home
1. As most of the Wrongblog regular readers know, I found a possible melanoma on my knee. To explain my self, I’m very white, very freckled, and when I was little spent most everyday of summer burnt… so I’m a prime candidate for Skin Cancer. I knew that I would have issues, but I truely expected them to happen in my 40’s or 50’s not when I’m 27. Anyway, so I work at home now and I have become obsessed. I look at every freckle, mole, or “blotch” and they used to seem normal to me, now I look at them and think I’m infested with skin cancers. And Googling images of skin cancers doesn’t help either….
2. I love that I can go to work in my Jammies and without doing my hair. The hair issue is very important because we’re in a heatwave and the humidity is very high.. I have curly hair and the only look I can manage without serious amounts of hair goop is the AFRO.
3. I get to listen to my favorite music all day and I don’t have to worry about anyone being offended. In the coffee shop, most of my customers probably thought I really enjoyed listening to the oldies (My girl, the twist, etc.) Here’s an example of what I like to listen to.’
4. In addition to listening to my favorite music, I get to dance and sing along. No one can see me so when “Word up” or “Beautiful People” comes on I can just stand up and stretch and well.. shake my ass. Or I sit here knowing no-one can hear me so I sing as loud as I want… I’m kind surprised that the dogs don’t start howling. LOL
5. I’m in the end of a pole barn. Granted it’s new and all and we remodeled it to be my office, but grasshoppers still get it. I had a new leaf growing on my orchid and one of those bastards ate the whole thing last night! And let’s not even mention what they’ve done to my pineapple plant! Oh the horrors… the agony… not. I’m just happy that I haven’t killed the plants yet… I don’t have a green thumb.
6. Freedom. I’m not worrying about what I need for tomorrow. If I need anything it will either wait or I go pick-it up. Most of the time though, it can wait.
7. I get to sleep in. I could really sleep in as late as I want but I’m happy waking up at 7 and not having to get dressed in “real” clothes until noon.
8. I really look forward to Friday nights. The local licquor store has a wine tasting on Friday nights where I meet up with a lot of people I know, followed by going out for fajitas and Margaritas. I can stay up all night cause I don’t have to get up early on Saturdays anymore.
9. I cook dinner again. I’ve always enjoyed cooking dinner but while I had the coffee shop I fed people all day and the last thing I wanted to do was go home and cook. Now I’m back home and we have homemade dinners again. I specialize in Enchiladas, Stir-fry, and Chicken Parm. I’m a pretty good cook if I do say so myself.
10. I get much more work done at home. I sell books online and I list more books when I don’t have people to BS with… I do miss BS’n everyday though.
11. I have a confession to make. I was listing books the other day and I came across a romance novel written by Fabio the cover said “see inside for your Fabio centerfold” I looked and then I was curious how good a writer Fabio was. The book was hot with lots of really steamy scenes and a really easy read. I still can’t believe I read it, romance novels are not my forte’, and what’s more, I can’t believe that I just admitted reading it.
12. Now that I have more time, all the taxes are done, and the bills are up to date and all the paperwork is in order of all our businesses.
13. Did I mention I’m still in my jammies?